• 8 chicken thighs, skin on and bone in
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, sliced
• ½ cup red wine
• 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
• 1 cup chicken broth or water
• 1 tablespoon capers
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper, and place in the bottom
of a slow cooker.
- Combine the olive oil, onion, bell pepper, garlic, red wine, tomatoes,
chicken broth or water, capers, and oregano and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- This is a hearty recipe that can last 1 week in the refrigerator or for
several months in the freezer. Since it makes a big skillet, it’s good to
freeze it in single servings for a fast lunch or supper.