• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 8 chicken thighs, skin on and bone in
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 3 shallots, thinly sliced
• 1 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
• 1 cup red wine
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Place a large skillet over high heat. Add the olive oil and cook the
chicken until browned on all sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken and all the pan juices to a slow cooker. Sprinkle
with the salt and pepper.
- Add the shallots, mushrooms, red wine, chicken broth, and thyme to the
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the thyme sprig and serve.
- This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator 1 week, or frozen for
several months. Since this makes a big quantity, it’s best to freeze it in
single or double skilletions for easy meals.