350 g dried pasta (whole-wheat corkscrew)
3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to serve
2 red peppers, seeded, cut into chunks
2 red onions, cut into wedges
2 mild red chili, seeded, diced
1 teaspoon golden caster sugar
1 kg small ripe tomatoes, quartered
2 tablespoon grated Parmesan, to serve
1 handful fresh basil leaves, to serve
- To roast the vegetables:
- Preheat gas oven to 200C, gas to 6, or fan to 180C.
- Scatter the peppers, the red peppers, the chilies, and the garlic into a
large-sized roasting tin.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and then drizzle with the olive oil; season
well with the salt and the pepper.
- Roast for about 15 minutes. Toss the tomatoes in the tin and then
roast for additional 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and
- For the pasta:
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta according to the
instructions of the package until tender with still a little bit of bite;
- Remove the roasted vegetables from oven. Add the pasta into the tin;
toss lightly to mix.
- Tear the basil leaves and
sprinkle over the pasta mixture. Sprinkle
with the parmesan cheese.